MACCosmetics.ca Return Policy
Your satisfaction is important to us. If you are not satisfied with your online purchase, we are happy to refund the full amount of the purchase less the cost of shipping if the return complies with our return policy. Return shipping fees are not refundable.
We accept returns for products purchased from MACCosmetics.ca only, and all returns are inspected upon return. Products purchased from MACCosmetics.ca must be returned in new or gently used condition and within 60* days from date of purchase. Additionally, returns of items that qualified for a free promotional item(s) must be returned with the free promotional item(s). Please note: Engraved items, and items noted as final sale or not-returnable are not eligible for exchange or return. MAC eGift Cards are issued by ELC Brands Management Inc. and sold by its third-party partner, CashStar, and thus cannot be exchanged or returned. All MAC eGift Card purchases are subject to CashStar’s return policies. Shipping and delivery fees are not refundable. MACCosmetics.ca monitors return activity and reserves the right to deny returns that, in its sole discretion, do not meet the return policy requirements, in instances of abuse, or for items that were re-sent at no cost in a good faith gesture following a report of non-receipt.
*Refunds for returns received after 60 days are not guaranteed and will be made at the sole discretion of MACCosmetics.ca. If issued in these instances, MACCosmetics.ca has the right to provide the refunded amount in the form of an electronic gift card or a refund check.
- For items returned within our returns policy, the purchase price will be refunded to the original form of payment with a few exceptions:
- - For online orders paid for in our free standing store with cash, debit card, or a MAC gift card, a check will be issued and mailed to the billing address on the order. Allow up to 30 days for processing.
- - For online orders where payment was split between a MAC gift card and credit card, debit card, or bank issued gift card, the credit is applied to the credit card, debit card, or bank-issued gift card first. If a balance remains to be credited, it will be applied to the MAC eGift Card.
If you wish to return an item(s) from your online order by mail, follow the steps below. Return shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Please call us at 1-800-387-6707 to process your gift return. To protect from package loss and to ensure prompt delivery, we recommend shipping your return package via insured FedEx or Canada Post Ground. Please retain receipts and tracking information for your records. Your return will be processed promptly upon its arrival.
1. COMPLETE THE INVOICE FORM: Please fill out the "Return Section" of the invoice (the invoice is enclosed in your original order). If you are returning an item(s) received as a gift, please check the box marked "Gift Return" on the back of the invoice.
2. PACK IT: Place the completed invoice form inside the return package along with the item(s) you wish to return. Please pack the contents carefully to avoid damage and retain a copy of the invoice for your records.
3. SHIP IT: For your convenience, we have provided an address label on the invoice that should be affixed to the outside of the return package. If the address label is not available, all returns should be addressed to:
M·A·C Cosmetics Canada
550 Petrolia Road
Toronto, Ontario M3J 2W3
If you wish to return an item(s) from your online order in-store, follow the steps below. You can return items (excluding items purchased using a MAC Pro Membership) to any free-standing M·A·C Store in Canada (excluding department stores and airport locations). Please note: We currently cannot accept gift returns at M·A·C Stores. Please call us at 1-800-387-6707 to process your gift return. After you select English or French from the main menu, press option 3. Free items are not eligible for returns or exchanges. Discounted items are eligible for exchange only. To protect from package loss and to ensure prompt delivery, we recommend shipping your return package via insured FedEx or Canada Post Ground. Please retain receipts and tracking information for your records. Return shipping & handling charges are not refundable. Your return will be processed promptly upon its arrival.
1. FIND A STORE: Use our store locator to find a store near you
2. BRING IT IN: Please bring your packing slip in addition to the item(s) you are returning.
Return / Exchange FAQs
When I exchange an item, there are two transactions on my credit card. Can you explain?
When an exchange is requested, it is completed in two steps:
1) A credit is issued for the item(s) returned.
2) A new order is processed for the item(s) requested in exchange.
Two transactions will be posted to your account; a credit for the returned item(s) and one charge for the item(s) requested in exchange. Please note that billing for the exchange item is subject to payment authorization and once authorized, it will post immediately to your account. While both the credit transaction and the billing transaction for the exchange occur simultaneously, it may take longer for the credit to post to your account depending upon the bank’s processing times for credits.
If you would like to exchange a product(s), simply return the eligible unwanted product(s). A refund will be processed within 3 business days of receipt. You may then place a new order for the product(s) you wish to purchase at any time.
When your order arrives, please inspect the carton for any damage that may have occurred during shipment. It is normal for the shipping carton to show some wear, however, if damage occurred to the item(s) in your shipment, please contact us immediately at 1-800-387-6707. Please provide the order number along with your email address and phone number for fastest service. To ensure prompt resolution, please retain the shipping box, packing materials and the damaged items for inspection by the carrier.